Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Chloe

Sister Grace Capellas




According to Sister Grace Capellas once the soloist of The Singing Sisters :
There is a unique connection between the artist and the Divine. When we look at the life of St. Francis of Assisi, he was a troubadour. Francis used his musical gifts to serve the Lord. Like him, if there is a need and you have the talents, you must use them. Sometimes gifts can get suppressed, but we must not hide them as in the parable of the steward who buried the talents given him. In the same vein, from the very beginning my mother told me, “When you sing, you must always offer it up to God.” Performance is prayer.

When I was in Syracuse in New York, I was the soloist of the Singing Sisters of Syracuse. We did albums and even cut a gold record. I remember always getting these beautiful floral bouquets after performances and taking them to my room. One day, one of the sisters said to me, “Don’t you want to put your flowers in chapel?” Having already offered up my work to God, I quipped, “No, God gets the singing; I get the flowers.”
"Chloe" was originally released on a Century Custom album in 1965 (#20991).  Track here is from the CD "The Annoying Music Show"



1 comment:

  1. I really like and appreciate your post.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete