Friday, June 14, 2024

Chloe Harris

 

Chloee Harris (1964)

Discography 


Frank
105 Lizzie / Grandpa  - 63
107 Love, She’s Wonderful / Saturday Night Slide  - 63

Hickory
45-1253 Little People / Mama, I'll Be Good – 04-64
45-1302 I'm Having A Party / My Daddy Said – 03-65

According to The Tennessean, a Nashville newspaper in its issue dated May, 24 1964 Chloee was a sixteen years old sophomore at Cohn High School |Nashville) where she was taking bookkeeping, biology, english and choir. English gives her the most trouble, she said. Her manager Jay Rainwater had big plans for her. But the person with the biggest plans was Chloee. Standing something under five feet tall, she was reaching for what she said she wanted. Reaching Up "I always wanted to sing but everybody said I couldn't, mainly because of my age," she said. "To me I wasn't too young. I wanted to do it.

I'm pretty sure her first records were done as Chloe Harris at the Nashville Globe recording studios, singing four songs penned by Frank Lyle Buck, amateur songwriter living in Copperstone, New York. Other known singers on the Frank Lyle Buck/Buck label are Sonny Marcel/Sammy Marshall and Mary Kaye, names well-known to the song-poem music collectors and singers who have never recorded elsewhere than in Nashville at that Globe Recording studios. That's why I'm pretty sure that Chloee Harris recorded her first records as Chloe Harris.

Edit (16/6:2024) : added Granpa soundfile, with thanks to Apesville

1 comment:

  1. Mama, I'lll Be Good was missing when I blogged Hickory on https://anorakrockabilly45rpm.blogspot.com

    I have a mp3 of Grandpa if you need it email me Dean

    ReplyDelete