Thursday, April 17, 2014

Searchin





Thanks to Darryl Bullock's latest post, I do known now that this tiny Power record label was located in Jonesboro, Arkansas.  This, hum, is the song made famous by The Coasters in 1957. 


"I do not search, I find
" said one day Pablo Picasso or Einstein (or both?, but not at the same time).  Well, I can tell you, they certainly never searched for Karen Fellows, otherwise I will able to give you some interesting details, such as who were her parents, where she was born, who was her voice coach, etc.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Searchin

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bob, that's just wonderful! Her voice is awful, but the band are great - possibly even better than an obscure little quartet from Liverpool who recorded the same song for Decca in 1962

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told Karen Fellows (backed here by The Pacers) was actually Gennifer Flowers who would later in life become well known as the mistress of President Bill Clinton. The Pacers had a hit with "Short Squashed Texan". I believe this record is from 1964.

    ReplyDelete