Sunday, May 5, 2024

High Noon

 


 Duane Eddy


From Silky Strings, RCA Records, 1962

This is just one example of the play of what was capable one of the most minimalist guitarists. "Silky Strings" was the first (and the last) Duane Eddy record that I bought. It was the most boring record I'd ever heard and never again I wanted to hear another Duane Eddy "performance".  I still prefer listening to Hank Marvin.

As usual, the excessive, dithyrambic compliments abound when someone passes from life to death.  Have you noticed how some people rush to announce the news in the various forums and other networks. It looks like they're just waiting for it. Stinking.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I happen to like Stalkin' Ken Clark - from 1958 he made the odd moody Rocker not Link but good in his own style Apesville

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely collecting/amassing sound recordings as long as you have the word "strings" on a record by a rock and roll artist is 9 times out of 10 aural poison. Sorry you picked this point to investigate Duane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should hear his earlier stuff. Thanks for your comments

    ReplyDelete